Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

making changes to a rewards reservation booked for someone else

dayofshah
Explorer C

Hello, if I need to cancel or change a flight I booked for someone other than myself, that I booked using my rapid rewards points, how can I do so from within my account? Under the 'My trips' tab in the 'my account' page, I see the trips for myself. But i cant find the flights I've booked for others. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: making changes to a rewards reservation booked for someone else

dfwskier
Aviator A

Two points here

1) Only the person who made the reservation can make changes to the reservation, and only from that person's RR account. Log on to you SW account as if trying to make a flight. You'll see a blue line with several clickable items. Click on change/cancel

Book

Flight

Hotel

Car

Vacations

CHECK IN

FLIGHT STATUS

CHANGE/CANCEL

2) You will need the confirmation number and the name of the traveller to make changes.

Re: making changes to a rewards reservation booked for someone else

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@dayofshah wrote:

Hello, if I need to cancel or change a flight I booked for someone other than myself, that I booked using my rapid rewards points, how can I do so from within my account? Under the 'My trips' tab in the 'my account' page, I see the trips for myself. But i cant find the flights I've booked for others. 

Flights you've booked for someone else won't show up under your account, but you can just enter the passenger name and confirmation number to make changes.

FYI: Anyone with the name of a passenger and their confirmation number can make changes to that itinerary. (This is why we often remind people to keep that information private.)

Alternately, they can make changes to their flight when logged into their account.