Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

40% OFF FARE SALE!!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest offers 2 real fare sales every year. One in June for the Mid August thru just before Christmas time period and a second one in August for the period listed above plus about 6 weeks in January and February. This is the June sale. 

These are the real deals, unlike the every week fare sales you see out of Southwest. You will not see lower fares than these before the end of the year.

WARNING: apparently the sale does not apply to all routes, so it might not be a good deal for everyone, but if it applies to your route, it will likely be the best deal you'll see this year.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: 40% OFF FARE SALE!!

bec102896
Aviator A

I thought the other was in October 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Nope, August.

Znssa55
Explorer C

I saw this thread and I soooo ohhhh sooo hope you are right. I am getting nervous we are already half way through the month of August. Prayfully its towards the end of the month.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Znssa55 wrote:

I saw this thread and I soooo ohhhh sooo hope you are right. I am getting nervous we are already half way through the month of August. Prayfully its towards the end of the month.

I am waiting for it, too.

bec102896
Aviator A

Personally though I’d rather have the $39 sale as this isn’t as good as previous years $70 each way AUS-DAL instead of $29-$49 same with a bunch of other routes. Oh well at least it’s better than $129-$173 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

liked the 4th of july sale

dfwskier
Aviator A

Looks like at least one legacy airline, United, is matching the sale fares.

I haven't checked the rest, but I bet they are, too. 

NormanNeth
Explorer C

Thanks for the info 🙂

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

These sales rock! LUV them!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger