Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A "header" on SW emails

bschwarz04
Explorer C

4/13/24 I received three legitimate Southwest emails last week through my Gmail account. They were regarding itinerary changes Southwest to my reservations. These were minor time changes for reservations a couple of months from now. However there is a "header" on each email with random flight info and a "is this correct" box to check. I find that highly suspicious. This "header" does not show up in forward of the email nor does the header print although the rest of the email will print normally.

I have a screen print showing the header and a portion of the SW email (attached).

The emails with " headers" are only associated with Southwest Airlines. Maybe the header was not part of the email until it hit my computer. Which leaves me with a problem on my computer. Except that Southwest emails are the only ones affected.

The AVG Internet Security package has not alerted me to a problem. Multiple virus scans have not indicated a problem.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

SW_01_202404082343_Edit.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Re: A "header" on SW emails

HumaniDD
Explorer C

I'm not positive, but I think what you're seeing there is a Google feature where it wants to add the flight (or new flight, in this case) to your Google calendar automatically. It's kindof a cleaner progression from what Google Travel used to do, when it would take every email and add it to a travel profile for each customer (like the applications Tripit or Tripcase do). 

Re: A "header" on SW emails

bschwarz04
Explorer C

Thanks Humanidd. Glad to see there could be some non-malicious activity behind this behavior.