6 REPLIES 6

Re: California is on Sale --thru 7/26

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@dfwskier wrote:

Intra California as low as $29

To/From California 29% off

20230415_094809.jpg

SoCalFlyer97 LUVs these kinds of sales! Reviewing my bookings...

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

Well it looks like my existing WGA+ reservations for August booked during June's 40% Off sale turned out to be the better deal. 

However, I have some new business to take care of in the Bay area later in the fall and was able to lock in a good WGA+ round trip intra-state flight for $39 each way from SAN. Booked a hotel for $125 after taxes/fees through SW Hotels with a 2,000 Rapid Reward return (and free cancelation up to 48 hours prior). Got some good deals for this trip. Using public transit plus the hotel's free shuttle service for ground transport.

Happy bookings! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

Well it looks like my existing WGA+ reservations for August booked during June's 40% Off sale turned out to be the better deal. 

However, I have some new business to take care of in the Bay area later in the fall and was able to lock in a good WGA+ round trip intra-state flight for $39 each way from SAN. Booked a hotel for $125 after taxes/fees through SW Hotels with a 2,000 Rapid Reward return (and free cancelation up to 48 hours prior). Got some good deals for this trip. Using public transit plus the hotel's free shuttle service for ground transport.

Awesome, great maximizing your travel money. I like public transit when I'm by myself, the family doesn't always go for it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

Just booked a quick trip AUS/LAX $66 each way in September for dork fest (1st time attending but heard it’s a good time) 

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

Also locked in a September rountrip to LAS for $49 each way yesterday before the sale expired. However, I had to book WGA to get the best of this deal (I usually book WGA+ so I have free sameday flight change/standby benefit).

Here were the quoted prices that I got for the SAN-LAS flight. It was for an off-peak middle-of-the-week trip:

During the 29% off Sale:

Business Select: $249

Anytime: $199

WGA+: $111 (29% off $149)

WGA: $49 (29% off $63)

As of today 7/27 after the sale, I did another price check:

Business Select: $189

Anytime: $139

WGA+: $79

WGA: $64

The 29% deal for the SAN-LAS trip was certainly meant for the WGA fare. The other fare classes were marked up...

Safe travels!

bec102896
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

Also locked in a September rountrip to LAS for $49 each way yesterday before the sale expired. However, I had to book WGA to get the best of this deal (I usually book WGA+ so I have free sameday flight change/standby benefit).

Only 25 flights in a year and you can be A List and same day changes are free. Depending on how much you travel you might take advantage of the sale to get a few segments to get A List and then you can in theory book the healers flight of the day and change to the most expensive day of as long as a seat exists (comes in handy during holidays when they mark up prices for prime time flights even if not sold out) I got ahead of the game this year with the $29 sale they did last year so I don’t get stuck with December day trips