Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Help with transferring a name at Nashville airport

we4elams
Explorer C

I accidentally entered my rapid rewards number for my daughter's ticket and now the ticket is in my name for her flight out of BNA - has anyone had to change ticket name at Nashville airport?  Were you successful? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Help with transferring a name at Nashville airport

floridaguy
Aviator C

I believe that you can edit the rapid rewards number on the ticket before it gets used.

dfwskier
Aviator A

So the ticket is in your name and not your daughter's? I am not aware of a way to change the name on a ticket.

If you did this this the last 24 hours you may cancel the ticket, and receive a refund to the original form of payment.  Then buy your daughter's ticket

If outside of 24 hours you would need to cancel the ticket, get a refund via travel credit, and then buy a ticket for your daughter.

The ticketing system does have a habit of autofilling whatever passenger information it has that is tied to the RR number.

floridaguy
Aviator C

Ahhh....I missed that.  The travel credit will go back in they buyer's name tho.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

So the ticket is in your name and not your daughter's? I am not aware of a way to change the name on a ticket.

If you did this this the last 24 hours you may cancel the ticket, and receive a refund to the original form of payment.  Then buy your daughter's ticket

If outside of 24 hours you would need to cancel the ticket, get a refund via travel credit, and then buy a ticket for your daughter.

The ticketing system does have a habit of autofilling whatever passenger information it has that is tied to the RR number.

People have name changes, typos, all kinds of things requiring submission of documentation to correct a ticket, but unless you and your daughter's names were close enough to claim a typo I think you'll have to cancel and hopefully you can use the travel credit, and rebook your daughter. 

MAYBE there could be an exception based on the autofill description you provided but is probably not something the ticket agent at the airport can perform a change based on a verbal account.

I would definitely not plan to do this at the airport, if it were possible (and it is doubtful) I think you will want to have this resolved before your departure day.

I'm hoping you didn't add the "at the airport" part of the post because the ticket is tomorrow.

Remember to cancel the flight for yourself as you'll forfeit the travel credit if you no-show.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:
 People have name changes, typos, all kinds of things requiring submission of documentation to correct a ticket, but unless you and your daughter's names were close enough to claim a typo I think you'll have to cancel and hopefully you can use the travel credit, and rebook your daughter. 

Even if the name could be corrected there is the issue of the birth date not matching the passenger name. It would not get past TSA

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@DancingDavidE wrote:

Even if the name could be corrected there is the issue of the birth date not matching the passenger name. It would not get past TSA

Oh yeah, if everything is pulled in from the RR profile then this won't work, the only option is to ask for an exception to the entire booking. (Which we don't think it usually granted.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

Unfortunately you would have to rebook at the going rate. If the price isn’t much higher you could upgrade your ticket to WGA+ then cancel and transfer the flight credit to her so she can rebook rather than you being stuck with flight credit and going out of pocket even more money. 

Keep in mind if you transfer the credit and the flight price increased since booking you would be responsible for paying the difference in fare.