Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest System Automatically Cancelled Flight But No E-Mail Notification Or Refund Processed

pspielha
Explorer C

I had a roundtrip flight booked. I had a second return flight booked for the same day, not knowing which city I would need to fly into. I didn't realize Southwest doesn't allow this, so they cancelled my roundtrip flight but I was never notified by e-mail or anything else, it just disappeared from my account. I called customer service and they said my credit card should be refunded, but it has been three weeks and no refund has been processed. 

Do I now have to spend time haggling customer service to get my money back? They have a system that allows you to double book, and then they cancel without notification and hold your money hostage?

Horrible customer service. I guess I will have to file a claim with my credit card company and complain to the BBB.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Southwest System Automatically Cancelled Flight But No E-Mail Notification Or Refund Processed

dfwskier
Aviator A

Check to see whether or not you ave a flight credit.

Re: Southwest System Automatically Cancelled Flight But No E-Mail Notification Or Refund Processed

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

@JimmyKelly01 wrote:

Please contact us for flight cancellation and changes at +1 (888) 495-1194.

Do not call that phone number.  It is not associated with Southwest Airlines.  Post reported for removal.