Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why can’t I change airports in the Miami Area?

1HeathG
Explorer C

So a couple of weeks ago I booked my mom and I’s flight from St. Louis, MO to West Palm Beach, FL with a layover in ATL. Well a couple of days ago our whole itinerary got changed to a layover in Baltimore, MD. My mom and I don’t want to fly there because it would be silly to do so. I was wanting to change our arrival airport to Orlando and I for some reason can’t and it only gives me the options of West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. I don’t want to fly into the other two and I kinda just want to get a non stop flight to Orlando but I can’t without paying for it. Would be possible to change to Orlando on the website rather than the app? Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why can’t I change airports in the Miami Area?

dfwskier
Aviator A

You probably need to call the airline to make this kind of change.

Re: Why can’t I change airports in the Miami Area?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@1HeathG wrote:

So a couple of weeks ago I booked my mom and I’s flight from St. Louis, MO to West Palm Beach, FL with a layover in ATL. Well a couple of days ago our whole itinerary got changed to a layover in Baltimore, MD. My mom and I don’t want to fly there because it would be silly to do so. I was wanting to change our arrival airport to Orlando and I for some reason can’t and it only gives me the options of West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. I don’t want to fly into the other two and I kinda just want to get a non stop flight to Orlando but I can’t without paying for it. Would be possible to change to Orlando on the website rather than the app? Thank you in advance!

I don't think Southwest considers Orlando as equivalent (they use the word "co-terminal" with the Miami area airports.

If there was a major weather disruption they may allow people to swap between these on an emergency basis but for a basic schedule change like this I think they expect you go continue with PBI, FLL, or MIA.

If you decide to call in you can give it a try, and who knows if you can find a fare that's equivalent you can change it yourself with no change fee, only have to pay the difference in fare.

BWI is quite a bit bigger of a Southwest operation than ATL so I'm curious if you are worried about the distance in the terminal? It's a pretty good airport for connections as there is a high frequency of service in case of delays and O'Brycki's is one of my favorite airport places to eat.

BNA is also a good connection option if that's a choice, plenty of food and beverage outlets, music, and on a more direct line of travel for you.

Maybe MSY not as frequent for service but keeps the path straighter.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.