Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

is summer schedule being adjusted friday?

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

or is rumor false

6 REPLIES 6

Re: is summer schedule being adjusted friday?

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

They adjusted schedules last night because my flight changed from a non-stop to one with a layover in MDW for our early morning flight.  Bummer because now there is only 1 non-stop during the day and it is late afternoon!  We like the early flights but need non-stop and we lose a full beach day by taking the later non-stop....  ugh. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@PDFelter wrote:

They adjusted schedules last night because my flight changed from a non-stop to one with a layover in MDW for our early morning flight.  Bummer because now there is only 1 non-stop during the day and it is late afternoon!  We like the early flights but need non-stop and we lose a full beach day by taking the later non-stop....  ugh. 

Last night's update got us too.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Yup had 3 that were rescheduled, fortunately this time they were for the better except 1; However I did have a weird glitch where the prices dropped on every flight for the day for the 1 bad one, so I canceled it to get the cheaper fare (because when you do the free change, it won't give you the new price) and just as it was in my cart and I hit pay, I got an error;  Went back and the price had gone up over $100;  And on top of it, what was weird was my original flight (which I still had 2 family members on) was not even available to select for me or customer service; By the end of the evening the prices on that flight went from $230 to over $700 then today they are back down it was crazy.  Fortunately I called customer service and they took care of it all and got all parties on better flight. 

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

I had a morning return nonstop flight booked for later this summer that was moved back a little more than two hours...Works for me as I can sleep in a couple extra hours. Originally 7:35am. Now at 9:55am.

Regarding cost...a very strange thing happened. Today is the last day for the "Low as $39 sale". When Southwest first launched this promo last week, I did a price check for this very flight and noticed the WGA airfare for the original 7:35am flight dropped from the $189 regular price to $120. I re-priced it last week to lock in the $120 fare.

Today, this flight, under the same flight number 4647 is now pricing at $235. 

05bardic
Explorer B

I read this the other day and thought wow, my flights made the cut without being affected! But they made more changes last night and got me too... I received the email at 4:30 am.

mrsstats
Adventurer C

Got my changes to this morning.   Not really happy since they changed it to one with a 3 hour layover.   I changed it to a later flight and a 2 hour layover.