Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does Soutwest have any plans on flying to Roatan (RTB) Honduras anytime soon?

trumpjk
Explorer C

I know this question was posted a few years ago. Wondering if anything has changed?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Does Soutwest have any plans on flying to Roatan (RTB) Honduras anytime soon?

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@trumpjk wrote:

I know this question was posted a few years ago. Wondering if anything has changed?

Hello-

This was asked a few weeks ago and I understand Roatan Island within the Caribbean is a beautiful place judging by all the pictures I see of it. I'm not aware of any official announcements to bring the LUV Airline to RTB.

It wouldn't hurt to let Customer Service know directly that RTB is on your wish-list as a Southwest Airlines Caribbean destination:
https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Click on "Comment/Question", "Customer Service" to access the email form.

When I last checked this airport, there were a number of the US legacy carriers that served RTB; however this airport appears to be pretty small. I would think gate capacity limitations may be an obstacle for Southwest but this could be a good market. I would forward your letter to them. For now, I'm sure Southwest can at least get you from your home airport into the legacy carrier's hub airport so that SW can still be a part of your travel experience.