Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Route to Puerto Escondido

brandis
Explorer C

Hi, there! I know Puerto Escondido is becoming a huge tourist destination in Mexico. I'd love to see a Southwest route added there! I assume the layover would just be in Mexico City to get there as a final destination, but this is fine by me. Wish I didn't have to use other airlines or piece together flights in order to make it work!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Route to Puerto Escondido

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@brandis wrote:

Hi, there! I know Puerto Escondido is becoming a huge tourist destination in Mexico. I'd love to see a Southwest route added there! I assume the layover would just be in Mexico City to get there as a final destination, but this is fine by me. Wish I didn't have to use other airlines or piece together flights in order to make it work!

Greetings!

I think that destination would for sure be a nice spot for the LUV airline to go to complement the existing Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta Mexico destinations.

Note that this discussion forum is customer-to-customer and likely your  request may not reach the proper Southwest personnel. Would you forward your request in an email directly to Southwest Customer Service so that it can be processed:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

By the way, it looks like Volaris Airlines flies a few Mexican domestic non-stop flights from Tijuana TIJ to PXM Puerto Escondido per week across the CBX land border crossing. That would allow your "layover" stop to be in the USA/Tijuana instead of down in Mexico City and should significantly lower your airfare into PXM.

Would you be open to taking a domestic Southwest flight to SAN for your stopover, taking an Uber/Lyft ride to the CBX border crossing, and connecting to a Volaris flight from there? Alternatively if you don't want to pay to cross at CBX, take the MTS Airport Shuttle+San Diego Trolley to the San Ysidro crossing, and Uber to TIJ?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@brandis wrote:

Would you be open to taking a domestic Southwest flight to SAN for your stopover, taking an Uber/Lyft ride to the CBX border crossing, and connecting to a Volaris flight from there? Alternatively if you don't want to pay to cross at CBX, take the MTS Airport Shuttle+San Diego Trolley to the San Ysidro crossing, and Uber to TIJ?

So I'm not sure about a MEX layover - currently Southwest isn't serving MEX so that's a different issue - but also international airlines aren't usually authorized for making domestic flights. i.e. they can't pick up new passengers in MEX on the way to Puerto Escondido and I'm not sure about through passengers actually but if the plane came from Houston for instance and landed and it was allowed for passengers to disembark but no new embarkations then the plane would be potentially a bit empty, as well as @SoCalFlyer97 mentioned flying through one of the most expensive airports for its layover. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

brandis
Explorer C

I would settle for flights to MEX. 🙂

brandis
Explorer C

Thanks for your reply! I wasn't aware that this was just customer-to-customer.

But, when I go to send an email to SW directly, there is no clear place to send destination recommendations—only things like complaints or questions about a specific travel experience with SW. 

gsking
Aviator C

SWA stopped flying into Mexico City a few years ago.  Unlikely they’d restart.

But yes, Volaris from TIJ is probably a good option.  Thinking about taking that flight myself.