Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Southwest Little Toe in Knoxville Please

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

@floridaguy wrote:

Bruh, this whole discussion came up a few months ago and I took it on as a research project.  At that time, Southwest had NO INTEREST in Knoxville and I even spoke, at length, with the general manager of McGhee Tyson airport.  

Despite tossing millions of dollars into renovation, Southwest shrugged and walked away.

No Knoxville in the near future.  Not busy enough and not enough traffic.

I would agree with you that Knoxville likely isn't in the near future. Southwest has added plenty of new markets that they need to build upon and continue evaluating routes they served prior to the pandemic. Things change frequently in the airline industry, so we never know. 

I commend you for doing research, I do as well, but because we have no way to verify all the information that some of us may provide, we cannot say anything with 100% certainty. I'm perfectly fine with you explaining why Knoxville may not be in the cards for Southwest, but please don't use objective statements, that's all I'm asking.

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

dfwskier
Aviator A

floridaguy joins the multitude of "not ever guys" that have incorrectly prognosticated Southwest's future

Hawaii --- never

International -- never

Big City airports - LGA, BOS, ORD, LAX, etc -- never

remember DEN -- never (that one's pretty funny)

BZN -- never

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Big City airports - LGA, BOS, ORD, LAX, etc -- never

remember DEN -- never (that one's pretty funny)

Was that for Stapleton or did Southwest wait for the new DEN?

This is funny from Wikipedia:

DancingDavidE_0-1704559374761.png

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest pulled out of Stapleton and said it woud not incur the higher fees at DIA.