Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Use your brain please.

Luvsomuch
Explorer C

I don't know what is Southwest Airlines waiting to buy JetBlue Airways, take their planes, their gates and routes. That will be the solution to all of Southwest's boing problems. I think Southwest deserves a more proactive and intelligent CEO and board of directors, before the ship sinks. Guys use your brain!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Use your brain please.

floridaguy
Aviator C

Interesting perspective.😁

dfwskier
Aviator A

Justice department would not let JetBlue buy a much smaller Spirit

What makes you think thaat same juatice depatment would let a much larger Southwest buy a much larger JetBlue?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Luvsomuch wrote:

I don't know what is Southwest Airlines waiting to buy JetBlue Airways, take their planes, their gates and routes. That will be the solution to all of Southwest's boing problems. I think Southwest deserves a more proactive and intelligent CEO and board of directors, before the ship sinks. Guys use your brain!

You mean solve the Boeing problem by adding an Airbus problem? (Not the inventory which would probably be nice, but part of the foundation of Southwest's strategy is flying only 737's to simplify maintenance and staff training.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Artanis
Explorer C

I'm inclined to agree with DancingDavidE.  An original part of the Southwest business model was fly one plane, train crew for one plane, maintain and repair one plane.  This has contributed to Southwest's success and profitability.

Even thinking about the 737 is not something Southwest should have to do anyway, it's a problem not of their creating.

It's kind of the old fork in the road.  What quality of planes would Airbus be making say 20 years from now?  It's like a problem with no solution.

Luvsomuch
Explorer C

I mean that will be the solution to all Southwest's 787 Max problems. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest's single plane strategy has been spot on for something like 53 of its 55 years in exitence. The strategy has  served it well.

I suspect the airline will wait a bit to see exactly how things work out.

Besides there's no A220 or A320 availability anytime in the forseeable future.