Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When will SouthWest come to FSD?

Ann4077
Explorer C

I would love to know when they will come to Sioux Falls? I would love to see this airport have more options but I would also love to see another option to den, phx, Texas, and more options for the snow birds in this area. 

is it true that they are taking over frontier? If so will they stay in Sioux Falls and how can a person apply? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: When will SouthWest come to FSD?

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Ann4077 wrote:

I would love to know when they will come to Sioux Falls? I would love to see this airport have more options but I would also love to see another option to den, phx, Texas, and more options for the snow birds in this area. 

is it true that they are taking over frontier? If so will they stay in Sioux Falls and how can a person apply? 

Greetings: Feel free to submit your suggestion for service to FSD directly to Southwest Customer Service as this forum is customer-to-customer. This is a small airport, appears there may be gate capacity limitations combined with an overall small market, and it also appears that Frontier doesn't service this airport on a daily basis. However, it doesn't hurt to put in a suggestion:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Click on "Comment/Question", "Customer Service"

Regarding the rumors of a merger with Frontier (or any other carrier), there's nothing definitive reported at this point. What is already published on the internet appears to be speculation. Yes, there were a few internet articles written about the pilot's union taking measures to ensure proper legal representation is present and ready to go should Southwest ever proposed an acquisition. We also know that the federal government closely watches proposed airline mergers too as we know the JetBlue and Spirit merger failed; these are the facts that we know for sure. Everything else is speculation.

Lastly, should Southwest ever decide to serve FSD and one wanted to apply (I assuming to work for Southwest), a visit to the Southwest Careers website would be the place to go to:

https://careers.southwestair.com/

Re: When will SouthWest come to FSD?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Ann4077 wrote:

The only articles I see mentioning the two by name are from more than ten years ago.

But that said the volume at FSD is on the lower end for a Southwest airport but if the availability of planes and pilots keeps up it might be in a future expansion.

A lot of southwest airports are on the small end at 1M enplanements per year so this would be a bit lower than that. Similar to Bellingham though which was added recently.

DancingDavidE_0-1712248545125.png

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.