Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Will southwest add any new cities from burbank,California

Will0329
Explorer B

It's been awhile since southwest airlines introduced new non stop service from burbank. Is it possible southwest will add any new cities from burbank for summer 2024??

Honolulu would be nice. 

It's too bad southwest is dropping burbank to San Francisco.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Will southwest add any new cities from burbank,California

dfwskier
Aviator A

You could always contact the airline to suggest the new cities to add. To do so click on "contact us" below and proceed.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Will0329 wrote:

It looks like BUR-OAK nonstop still holds strong with multiple departures daily which will get you into the San Francisco area via the BART. However, I've noticed today that the WGA BUR-OAK airfare is on the high side at $114 going into 2024 compared to a BUR-SFO search for as low as $69 via connecting flights.

Since it looks like you plan to travel next summer, I would keep a watch out for a future sale and book BUR-OAK during the sale period and connect to San Francisco via the BART if you can. If prices drop as the summer gets closer, you can always rebook and collect the difference in fare via a flight credit for WGA or WGA+ fare.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@Will0329 wrote:

It looks like BUR-OAK nonstop still holds strong with multiple departures daily which will get you into the San Francisco area via the BART. However, I've noticed today that the WGA BUR-OAK airfare is on the high side at $114 going into 2024 compared to a BUR-SFO search for as low as $69 via connecting flights.

Since it looks like you plan to travel next summer, I would keep a watch out for a future sale and book BUR-OAK during the sale period and connect to San Francisco via the BART if you can. If prices drop as the summer gets closer, you can always rebook and collect the difference in fare via a flight credit for WGA or WGA+ fare.

@Will0329 

Southwest announced a $49 sale today and it looks like some of the flights between BUR and OAK had a minor drop in fare from $114 to $99 during May 2024. Also there's some $79 and $89 departures for this fall. I you're able to take the BART from OAK into SF, I would explore these options before the sale expires this Thursday.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@Will0329 wrote:

@Will0329 

Southwest announced a $49 sale today and it looks like some of the flights between BUR and OAK had a minor drop in fare from $114 to $99 during May 2024. Also there's some $79 and $89 departures for this fall. I you're able to take the BART from OAK into SF, I would explore these options before the sale expires this Thursday.

The only thing better than taking the BART from OAK is taking the BART from SFO 😂

*if going to downtown SF

SFO is just an extremely busy spot and during pandemic with suppressed schedules I understand that things were going very well there. Those that could ramp up could do so while the international flights were down.

Now with international flights back up SFO may be looking at some weaker on-time performance, etc. and someone like Southwest that's able to shift more flights to OAK it will make sense for them to do that.

That's just my interpretation as a fellow passenger.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

Looks like you will soon be able to fly BUR to SAT (San Antonio TX)