Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ATTENTION HR DEPT

Walt0719
Explorer C

my name is Walter Ruhl 

I am a job applicant in San Antonio, Texas  and I feel that your hiring practices are UNFAIR here in san antonio texas

you say your an equal opportunity employer then PROVE IT ! I recent applied for a ramp agent job here you guys should at least have the honor and dignity to give me a one on one interview instead of sending me a cowardly rejection email ...I have been trying to get my foot in the door with you guys for the last 30 yrs I am as good as the next person in line 

I deserve a chance at the job here in my town I WILL NOT TAKE NO for an answer 

you guys either hire me for something or I got my local EEOC office and tell them 

I am being treated unfairly im tired of being pushed away by you guys over and over 

its not fair and its  not right .....I highly suggest you take back your rejection email you sent me today and give me a job interview ......

4 REPLIES 4

Re: ATTENTION HR DEPT

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Walt0719 wrote:

Well Walter, since this is a customer to customer forum, Southwest's HR department will not see your diatribe.

Southwest is trying to hire thousands of people. It does not have the time or resources to personally hand hold the thousnds that it chooses to not hire. It's going to focus on those that it actually does hire.

floridaguy
Aviator C

If you believe that you have been discriminated, your next step is to file a complaint with the EEOC in your region.

adr214
Explorer C

I get your frustration.  Especially if you’re

more than qualified for the role. In my previous role, I was dealing with a lot more responsibilities than the job I initially applied and interviewed for, so the nervousness I felt during my phone interview wasn’t really justified in retrospect.  With that being said, all I can tell you is have faith and be persistent.  If you want something and are willing to work hard for it, then it’ll eventually come your way.  I wish you all the best.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Walt0719  I don’t work for SW, but I have to say you certainly have not made the best first impression for a job.  Good luck to you and your future career moves. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion