Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

“Appearance” Standards Question

StarJuno127
Explorer C

Hi, I’m someone who loves flying a lot and has always dreamed of being a flight attendant. 

Unfortunately I was “blessed” with a genetic cystic acne condition that wearing makeup exacerbates significantly as my pores are super sensitive to being clogged. I’m not dirty, I don’t have open sores on my face or anything, but there is often bumps and redness as well as significant scarring from having this condition for many years. 

Would I be disqualified from being considered for this job unless I wore heavy makeup? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: “Appearance” Standards Question

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey,  @StarJuno127 

Thanks for your interest in joining our Southwest Family as a Flight Attendant! Our Flight Attendants are not required to wear makeup, as long as they present themselves in a well-groomed and professional manner at all times. Should our Employees choose to wear makeup, it should be professional and complement the uniform. Eccentric and exaggerated cosmetic styles and colors are prohibited (e.g., glitter, excessively bright colors, state makeup, etc.). Read more details about our Uniform Appearance Standards here: https://swa.is/UpdatedFAQs. As long as you meet our standards, your "blessing" wouldn't disqualify you!  💙❤️💛

Re: “Appearance” Standards Question

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Best of luck if you do decide to apply and follow your dream! 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger