Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Update

smykollipara
Explorer C

Hi @adrienneb

I would really appreciate if you could provide an update on my application. I applied for a Senior Technology Analyst (R-2023-31740) role on July 22. It's been a month since I've applied and my candidate dashboard still shows the application as 'In Process'. I noticed that the job posting is closed; should I expect to hear back this week? I'm nervous because Southwest Airlines is my dream company. Hope to hear about next steps soon and thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Application Update

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey there, @smykollipara!

Thanks for tagging me! And thanks for your continued interest in joining the Southwest Family!

After looking at the Sr Technology Analyst (R-2023-31740) position you applied to, I do see that opportunity received quite a bit of interest - with nearly 500 applications. This is why my number one recommendation is to always submit your application as early as possible - that gets you reviewed earlier in the process.

Our Teams are reviewing those applications in the order received, and they're working to schedule interviews with qualified Candidates. With so many applications and only so little time, I'm hopeful our Recruiting Team will be able to meet you & get to know you and your interest a bit better! Thanks for your patience in the process. 

Best of luck! 

smykollipara
Explorer C

Hi @adrienneb

It looks like I'm still in process for this position. Could you provide an update? 

Thank you, 

Soumya

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey again, @smykollipara

You'll hear an update just as soon as one is available! If you're still seeing you're in progress, and you haven't received any sort of email removing your application from the process, you're still in the running! 

Rooting for you😊