Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application instantly rejected

AvMech89
Explorer C

Hi all, I applied for the Phoenix location as an aircraft technician and got an instant rejection letter saying I didn't meet the requirements. I'm definitely qualified for the position and the only thing I can think of that I'd get looked over for is I answered yes on the disability page. Has this happened to anyone else?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Application instantly rejected

dfwskier
Aviator A

It has happened to lots of people and it has nothing to do with your disability.

Search this forum for "instant reject" and you'll see some of the reason it has happened to others.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey there, @AvMech89

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in joining our Southwest Family! 
I took a look, and it appears you answered "No" to the application question, "If you are not a current resident of the state for which you are applying, would you be willing to relocate or commute at your own expense, including the shipping of your tools? (If you are CURRENTLY a resident of the state for which you are applying, please select “Yes”)" 

Since this position is in Phoenix, the Team would need Candidates that currently are residents of Arizona or are willing to relocate for the role. As you indicated you were unwilling to relocate, this removed your application from consideration for this Phoenix role. I hope that helps to clear things up - so sorry for any confusion! 

AvMech89
Explorer C

Thank you for replying. I was a bit confused by the question as I live in Ohio currently but I would be willing to move.