Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Are you ready to take flight? The Flight Attendant position opens soon!

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

230724_Cropped Flight Crew-2.jpg

We're excited to share that we’re accepting applications for the Flight Attendant (R-2023-35522) position the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 26, and expect the application window to close no later than 1:00 p.m. CT. ​​​​​​

If you’re interested, here's how you can prepare to apply:​​​​​​​  

• Create or update your Candidate Home Profile account. For the Flight Attendant position, your profile information must match your passport exactly. Confirm your Candidate Home Profile reflects your full legal name, including all first, middle, and last names included on your passport or legal documents.  
  • While not required to apply or interview, you must possess a valid, unexpired passport book as a Flight Attendant. You may want to begin the passport application process if you don't already have one.
  • Update your resume for your application and visit our Knowledge Base on the Southwest Community for helpful tips on tailoring your resume to a specific job

Our application and interview process: 

• On the morning of Tuesday, Sept. 26, search for the Flight Attendant (R-2023-35522) position on careers.southwestair.com and review the description and requirements of the role. If you’d like to apply, fill out the application and questionnaire carefully and accurately, as you can’t edit later.
  • You'll receive an email within one week of applying to confirm your application submission. Double check that your email address is accurate when submitting your application, as you'll also receive other email updates from our Team. Monitor your inbox and junk/spam folders so you don’t miss important updates.
  • Our Inflight Recruiting Team reviews applications in the order received and invites each qualified Candidate to speak with them. With high interest and  applications, this process takes many months to complete.
  • We'll review and invite Candidates to interview as early as October, with most interviews taking place throughout 2024.

For more information about the Flight Attendant position, visit our Flight Attendant page and explore our Flight Attendant FAQs

The Southwest Community is a great place to share excitement and connect with fellow Candidates. We'd dedicated this Discussion Forum for status updates and details of the posting throughout the day on Sept. 26. **While our Careers Team won't be responding to individual questions, we'd love to hear from you as you prepare to apply!**

**Tuesday, Sept. 26 Updates:**

8:45 a.m. CT - Good morning, y'all! The Flight Attendant (R-2023-35522) position is officially posted and accepting applications! Check out the details of the Flight Attendant position and submit your application here: swa.is/Sept26FlightAttendant

10:10 a.m. CT - So sorry for any recent difficulties locating the Flight Attendant position on our career site! We've added a banner to our home page that leads directly to the posting!

1:05 p.m. CT - The Flight Attendant posting is officially closed! We're honored to receive many applications, and we can't wait to welcome new smiles to our Flight Attendant Family. With high interest and applications, this process takes many months to complete. Please keep an eye on your email inbox (and any junk/spam folders - just in case!) for updates to come. Thank you!

Final update: If you submitted your application, but you're not seeing your Candidate Home Profile show the Flight Attendant position in your "My Applications" section - don't worry! This may take some time to update! You should have received a confirmation email shortly after submitting your application to the email address you provided - check your junk/spam folders, too! As long as you received that email confirmation, we received your application, and you're in consideration for the Flight Attendant opportunity. 

Have a great rest of your week! Hope to meet you all soon!

165 REPLIES 165

Re: Are you ready to take flight? The Flight Attendant position opens soon!

dlang3741
Explorer A

I am super excited to start planning and preparing for this journey. Good luck to everybody that interested in being a part of such a wonderful company. ❤️

annie2023
Explorer B

❤️

Flightchick11
Explorer A

😎🌎🤙♥️

Steffany

Kimemch
Explorer C

I have marked my calendar for Tuesday to apply! My heart ❤️ is racing with excitement!

annie2023
Explorer B

It has been a lifelong dream to become a flight attendant. My time is now, and would love to be part of the Southwest Family!

keepflying
Explorer B

My Candidate Home Profile does not permit me to upload a resume or enter any personal information, including name.  The "Update Contact Information" link does not exist in my profile.  May I please get clarification? Thank you kindly.

jazyjeff
Explorer A

You are not alone, [Update Contact Information] doesn't appear on my profile either.  I believe we don't upload resumes until the position opens on Tuesday and we actually apply.

abbypeters
Explorer C

I am also having the same issue and would like some clarification on where the link is to edit my profile. 

dyanistocks
Explorer C

I am having the same issue