Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Attendant requirements?

TalkerMark
Explorer C

I'm a retired journalist, weekend warrior in a Cessna and long time SWA fan kicking around the idea of a second career as a member of the Southwest Family of Flight Attendants. What are the basic requirements that you require?

Thanks, and please continue to maul the Legacy guys, you are great fun!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Attendant requirements?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @TalkerMark,

Wow! It sounds like you have had a wonderful career, with many great hobbies to boot. We are excited that you are interest in joining our Family as a Flight Attendant! Our basic qualifications are as follows:

• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
  • Must be at least 20 years of age.
  • Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

... and that's it! We hope to see your application the next time this position is available.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

BrittanyWill
Explorer C

Hi @KelbyTansey I was looking into become a flight attendant. I love the thought of travel and learning about new places, but I never actually been anywhere. My question to you is do I need a passport to apply to Southwest? Also I have never been to flight attendant school.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @BrittanyWill,

Thanks for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines as a Flight Attendant! You do not need a passport when you apply. However, if you are selected from the interview phase, you must present a valid, unexpired passport book from your country of origin on the first day of Initial Flight Attendant training, or you will be released from class. Best of luck throughout the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers