Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Feb 5 Flight Attendant

emg
Explorer C

Hello,

I recently learned that I will soon be unemployed and have decided to take my career into a different career path and I would love to be a flight attendant with Southwest Airlines.  I submitted my resume, I didn't know which selections to pick for Flight Attendant, but my concern is that my resume is based on accounting and didn't want the computer search to be deterrent for Flight Attendant position. Since I have already submitted a resume, on Feb 5 do I still need to log in to apply for this position? if so where will I see the posting? One last question will there be Flight Attendant positions in Houston?

Pleasant Regards,

EMG

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Feb 5 Flight Attendant

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @emg,

We are thrilled that you are considering a Career in the clouds with Southwest! Never fear -- we do not use a computer search when reviewing any applications! Our Recruiters actually review each and every application, and they are looking for resumes that meet the basic qualifications (which you can find here), display experience in Customer Service and show our Southwest Values.

It sounds like you have created a profile with us, but you will still need to submit an application on February 5th. You can find the posting at southwest.com/careers.

If you are selected to attendant class as a Flight Attendant, you will be assigned a domicile/base upon class completion. This assignment will be based on availability and operational need, so we cannot guarantee that you will be based at any specific domicile prior to that time.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

alstatham317
Explorer C

Kelby,

Good afternoon.  When creating my profile, I am unable to locate Flight Attendant positions under the interests selections, can you assist me on which one to choose then?

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Sincerely,

Angie Statham

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @alstatham317,

You can select any of the categories that fit your interests. If your interests are not included in the list, you can choose "General Consideration." Best of luck throughout the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

anthonyjcolon
Explorer C

Can't find it!  System doesn't seem to be working

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@anthonyjcolon

Uh -oh! Looks like we got hit with heavy traffic when the posting went up this morning, and it overwhelmed the system. We're working to resolve the issue as soon as possible! Thanks for bearing with us.