Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hiring Process/Offer Letter Pending

cd23
Explorer C

Hi all! Nearly 2 weeks ago, my recruiter told me I was selected for a job position I was up for (yay!), and she mentioned I should have my contingency offer letter that day or the following business day. I haven't received anything and have followed up a few times with her, and she said she was finalizing details before going dark on me for about a week now. There were some technical issues on the careers page with the position itself, so it's never been in my careers portal and nothing shows up there currently.

My question - is it normal to wait multiple weeks to receive the official offer letter after a verbal confirmation? I'm getting concerned because I don't have anything in writing confirming an offer is incoming, and the recruiter hasn't communicated any updates about a new timeline to me. From what I've read on here, the hiring process can take a while so I'm trying to be patient but just wondering if I need to adjust my expectations to wait longer for the offer itself or find someone else to ask questions to. Any advice is appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hiring Process/Offer Letter Pending

Misspinkk24
Explorer C

Yes it is normal

DemJo
Explorer C

Congrats on your offer.

airlover12
Explorer C

Hi cd23! Have you received any updates regarding your pending offer letter? I am in the same position.