Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I am interested in applying for a flight attendant position.

danarae1958
Explorer C

Every time I check your job availability I never see an opening for a flight attendant. I was wondering if there will be a hiring in 2018?  Also, I believe I have an application in your system but do I re-apply when the opening occurs?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: I am interested in applying for a flight attendant position.

Jahidmarquise
Explorer C

Jadamurphy733
Explorer C

I am definitely in the same situation. I've spoke with a close family friend who works as a flight attendant  for Southwest. She told me, it's a very competitive hiring process and it's doesn't happen often that they open the portal to apply. Though I am trying hard to get with this company as my first flight attendant company, right now it doesn't seem like. But any information helps and I'm excited to start this new career journey as a flight attendant!!!!!

franktravel
Aviator B

I would check this website every day!  https://tinyurl.com/y7x6933b  

Good luck! 

freshcalendar
Explorer C

I checked your link . .Cat LOL

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @danarae1958,

We are thrilled to hear that you are interested in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant! We have not yet released information regarding 2018 Flight Attendant hiring, but check back here often as we will post here anytime information like this is made public. If you have already created a profile in our system and want to apply to a new opportunity, you can find the opportunity at southwest.com/careers (also linked by @franktravel above) and then you will log in as a returning candidate to complete the application. We hope to see your application the next time this opportunity is available! 

Kelby
Southwest Careers

jubragg
Explorer C

I am very interested as well! Retiring from Elementary Principal and ready to do my dream job.

franktravel
Aviator B

You can sign up for alerts here.

https://tinyurl.com/yd33yhzg

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @danarae1958@Jahidmarquise@Jadamurphy733@freshcalendar, and @jubragg,

You can find the most recent information regarding our upcoming Flight Attendant posting here. Spoiler alert: we will begin accepting applications from external candidates on February 5th!

Kelby
Southwest Careers