Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Questions regarding Flight Attendant Application

cvenzuch
Explorer C

Good Afternoon!

I have been researching for quite some time on requirements for becoming a Flight Attendant as well as many other people. Although I did have some more quesions that I hope can be answered for further clarification on my part. For some backstory on myself I have dreamed of becoming a Flight Attendant since I was in high school but realized due to my age I would not be able to apply after recieving my high school diploma. With that being said, in high school I joined a program called Blue Water Middle College Academy. That program allowed me to get a headstart on my education and begin taking college courses starting in 11th grade. One year after graduating from high school I also graduated with my Associates Degree at 18 years old. I decided to continue my journey to University of Michigan- Flint and will be graduating with my Bachelor's Degree in Professional Communications in a short year and a half at the age of 20. I would love to work for Southwest as a Flight Attendant after graduating but was wondering how to go about applying? I read in another post some general requirements include:

- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

But I was curious if there was anything else I could do to help land myself a job with this amazing airline after graduation? Whether that be certain college courses, certain jobs, etc. If you could help me answer these questions and any other knowledge you have on how to become a Flight Attendant I would be so grateful because knowledge is of course power! Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back soon. 

-Chelsea V. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Questions regarding Flight Attendant Application

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there @cvenzuch,

We are thrilled you are interested in becoming a Flight Attendant at Southwest!  And, Congratulations on your High School graduation and earning your Associates Degree.  Both are huge accomplishments!  With regards, to your questions click here to find out all about the Flight Attendant position.  Wish you much success -

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community