Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rescinded job offers 2024 C&S training

Misstx
Adventurer C

Waking up to an email that all job offers for 2024 have been rescinded is absolutely ridiculous! To have people waiting this long and then push back to now canceling the entire training class? Southwest this is not right. At least offer some

type of compensation for those who job offer has been rescinded!! 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rescinded job offers 2024 C&S training

Relll06
Adventurer C

I don’t know if I’m too late  and you already explained.  But just want to be clear on what you are asking.  How much is a fair amount to give you for the amount of time you haven’t been working for them and just waiting to start work 

Misstx
Adventurer C

Im just stating that it’s a big disappointment and let down. There are people who were depending and looking forward to this and to receive an email like that is a huge disappointment, im not sure if you were apart of it, but if you weren’t then it’s hard to explain to you.  To already have been basically hired and just waiting to start to “sorry nevermind”.  Regardless of the fact that I didn’t start working for them yet.  To give somebody something and then take it back, it’s going to leave people upset. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

I hope people did not submit resignations before receiving the letter.

Misstx
Adventurer C

Or those who may have given their job a notice or anything of the sort. That would be a bummer 

Relll06
Adventurer C
O no I totally agree. Especially if they gave you a start date and everything. I can understand how you feel. That messes up all kinds of things that you may have had planned or arranged. You potentially could have turned down other opportunities. But asking to be compensated is a little much. But they definitely should put you at the front of the line for the next opportunity that you qualify for.