Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Training

Dunkley12
Explorer B

Hello Everyone can anyone give me a brief idea about southwest training in Dallas, and is there any exam or test that comes with the training?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Training

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

@Dunkley12 

Yes, there are exams. Your true focus should be to memorize all SWA airport codes..

Also, you should attend SWA's webinars regarding new hires and onboarding, the SWA agents give alot of good knowledge and, it's actually very entertaining to watch.

Congrats!

Dunkley12
Explorer B

Thanks! So all of those exams you must pass to move forward? And does the exams have a required pass mark?

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

Yes and Yes. Study SWA airport codes, this is "important" for the exams as well as your position at SWA.. Make flash cards, city and state on one side and airport code on the other..

Have confidence within yourself, as you did with your interviews, and you'll be completely fine. They're hard, but not too hard to worry about it..

Lisakau808
Adventurer C

Thank you for that advice...Im about to learn my start date and will actually get a head start by making flash cards! Sounds like a good idea. Looking forward to this new career with Southwest😍

Dunkley12
Explorer B

When do you start ?

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Welcome to the Southwest Family, @Dunkley12!

For the Ramp Agent position, part of your training will be at our Corporate Campus in Dallas, and the other part will be at your station - Orlando. There will be assessments and checkpoints throughout the training and onboarding process, just to be sure you are prepared and ready to thrive with the incredible folks on the Orlando Ramp! 

Studying your airport codes is a great tip to begin preparing! 

Here's a fun resource with all of our stations and their airport codes: https://swamedia.com/pages/when-did-we-arrive

So excited for your career to take flight very soon! 

chuckieka0blt
Explorer C

@adrienneb 

Sorry to reach out on someone else's thread, but I was wondering if there has been any movement on the DAL AMTs? It's been a couple of weeks and I have not heard anything from anyone. 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @chuckieka0blt!

Great news - our Team has kicked off the Dallas AMT interview process! Recruiters are reviewing applications in the order received and getting time set up with Candidates from there. Keep an eye on your email for updates to come!

Best of luck!

chuckieka0blt
Explorer C

@adrienneb 

Thanks for reaching back out. I will wait with my fingers crossed!