Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Update: Flight Attendant Opening

chanebanks14094
Explorer C

Hi Kelly, Have they already picked everyone who they want as a Flight Attendant. I applied and have not heard back or received an email. I can’t seem to find a link to go back in and check my status. Chanel..

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @chanebanks14094,

Thank you for your interest in joining the Southwest Team -- we are thrilled that you chose to submit an application for this role! Rest assured -- we are still in the process of selecting Candidates for this role. Due to the overwhelming number of applicants, we expect the process to be anywhere from a few weeks to several months, depending on where a Candidate is in the application pool. To check your status, you will need to login to the specific Flight Attendant portal, which you can find here. Thank you for your continued patience as our Recruiters are hard at work sorting through applications. Best of luck throughout the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

CVPaul
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey and Kelby,

Good morning! I read somewhere that the applications are reviewed in the order they were received.

• So if mine was not submitted until 2/7 and still reads "received submission" instead of "under review" - does that mean my application has not yet been queued up for a recruiter?
  • Also, I subsequently updated my profile to include an Employee Referral as well as a cover letter tagged onto the end of my resume PDF. Will that be visible to a recruiter even though it was added after my initial upload?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Heart Cindy

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @CVPaul,

Thanks for your interest in becoming a Flight Attendant with us! Here are the answers to your questions:

• You are right on the money! Due to the overwhelming amount of interest in this role, we expect it to take longer than usual for our Recruiters to make it through all of the applicants. It could take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for them to contact you, depending on where you are in the applicant pool.Thank you for your continued patience!
  • The added documents to your profile will be accessible by the Recruiter once they make their way to your application. 

Best of luck throughout the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

JC34
Explorer A

I checked my dashboard and it doesn't show that I have applied to an positions at all...I have and I have been contacted by a recruiter.  Should I be worried that my application doesn't appear on my dashboard?

JC

vancal
Explorer C

WOW! I applied on Feb 5, 2018 and recived a comfirmation letter by email and since i frequentily check my dashboard and as of today it doesn't show that I have applied to the flight attendant position at all, and it has been deleted (how odd). Although I had been contacted by email comfirming my application statues on March 16, 2018 explaining the long delay in reviewing process and Thanking me for my patients (by the automative Southwest Airlines People Department)..  Now should I be worried that my application doesn't appear on my dashboard? or what happen to the dashboard did it crash and dumped out several applications that were filed? I wonder 🙂 any body have an answer to this mistery, LOL Smiley Happy                                                       Vanessa

ptrinh
Explorer B

Did you ever find out if your application was lost?

JamesOlen
Explorer C

Typically how long is the recruiting period? I applied this last February 2018 and recieved the enjoyable Happy St. Patricks Day e mail stating I successfully applied to the Flight Attendant position. I can only imagine how long it would take me to go through 28,000 resumes. Good luck!

In the mean time I have googled pictures of the newest bird - Louisiana One, and the artical, along with my own "homework". I guess you can say this future SWA Warrior may be a little anxious, and waiting ever so patiently for the next step. 

Looking forward to your reply

-James

GoGoGo
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey,

Is the FA position from Feb open application period still being looked at?  I have updated my resume and attached to my application I submitted originally.  Since first applying I have become a FA elsewhere but I am wanting to work for Southwest.

I see my application is still there.  I am hoping the Feb applicants are continuing to be looked at.

Thanks!!

Allygreene54
Explorer C

Hello thanks for the link but it says the position is not available at this time. Why is that? When will this be open to apply because it’s showing an open position.

Thank You