Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Who is in charge of De-icing the planes

HENNozzles
Explorer C

Hello. I am looking for some info on who is in charge of De-icing the planes. More specifically, who can I talk to about the nozzles that they use. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Who is in charge of De-icing the planes

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@HENNozzles wrote:

Hello. I am looking for some info on who is in charge of De-icing the planes. More specifically, who can I talk to about the nozzles that they use. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I believe it's a mixture - some airports provide the service and/or the airline can provide their own de-icing trucks in some cases. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

HENNozzles
Explorer C

Awesome thanks for the info. Any chance you know how Southwest handles thier de-icing?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@HENNozzles wrote:

Awesome thanks for the info. Any chance you know how Southwest handles thier de-icing?

At my locals they are both provided by the airport I believe. I don't know how many airports Southwest maintains their own equipment. 

Maybe try this link, I don't expect anyone from that part of Southwest will be on this message board, it's primarily customer to customer. A few of the communication people check in once in a while or technology. 

Supplier Information | Southwest Airlines

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.