Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

"Closed Complete" Status

JustAnonymous
Explorer C

I wanted to confirm that an application marked "Closed Completed" essentially means that  an applicant is no longer being considered for a role and that the recruiting team has taken a pass. This is what I assumed to be true but wanted to confirm. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: "Closed Complete" Status

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @JustAnonymous,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team! You can read more about what the statuses mean in this post. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Luvnthesky74
Explorer C

Hello I did get a Lucky you Email for applying but no emails or phone calls can u help me find out if my app will be looked at? Thanks so much in advance

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Luvnthesky74,

Unfortunately, we’re unable to provide individual updates, however your application status is on your dashboard. In order to access the specific Flight Attendant dashboard, you can click here. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

2SWshoots
Explorer C

Hi, I have applied for Customer Service and it says closed/completed. Does closed mean rejected? I havent gotten a notice about it and I only applied maybe the day before checking in again to see this status. Before that I gotten completed, but now closed.

I am hoping I am not rejected

bec102896
Aviator A

@2SWshoots

If your application has been reviewed and is no longer active, the job status will change to “Closed Complete.” Best of luck with all of your applications! 

You can read about what each status means by clicking  the link in @KelbyTansey's post 

Hope this helps 

Blake 

2SWshoots
Explorer C

How is that when I just place the appication in and not even 2 hours it said Closed Complete. What is it that I can do to help my self get into Southwest

Luvnthesky74
Explorer C

Hey did u check ur dashboard because mine is still in received mode from Feb. Let me know what you find 

2SWshoots
Explorer C

Yes, one position say Withdraw and that's the one I'm not sure if my application when in correctly  and the other say Closed Complete. I also received a email which doesn't tell me which position it's for>>>> 

Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities as well as all of the effort you put forth in pursuit of a position with Southwest Airlines.  Southwest is fortunate to receive resumes from many interested and qualified candidates for the typically limited number of positions that we have available.

After careful consideration of all information you provided, you were not selected at this time.  You are welcome to apply for other open positions within the Company by visiting the Careers page on www.southwest.com.

We wish you success in your future endeavors.  We hope your job search will soon yield a rich and rewarding employment opportunity and we thank you again for your interest in Southwest Airlines.

Sincerely,

Southwest Airlines People Department

received a email

dchamness1
Explorer C

Mine is also in received mode from February. Let me know if you hear anything & I will do the same. My understanding is we are still in the running & it could take several months to hear something back. Good Luck!