Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Baggage delayed

Kverbois
Explorer C

My baggage did not arrive in Pittsburg (at 8:10pm) from New Orleans with a stop over in St. Louis.  I filed a Southwest Airlines Lost/Delayed Incident Receipt report in Pittsburg within 15 minutes.  I called 2 times the following day within 18 hours of filing the report.  My baggage still has not been located.  I asked about compensation because I did not have any toiletries. I was told that I could spend up to $50.00  and be compensated at the baggage claim office with receipts provided.  I couldn’t get a good answer on purchasing clothing.  I was told that I had to file a form with headquarters if I did buy something.  Does SouthWest have a policy on this? Dollars per day, etc...

Why did Melanie Graham edit my post?

I received my luggage 26 hours latter.  Southwest had no idea where my luggage was. It was routed thru BWI and I went thru St Louis.  I believe that the other post stating that SW does not scan the baggage for locations is correct.  Someone had been thru my case and removed all of the liquids that were in a ziplock bag and a belt is missing.