Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Best time to purchase tickets

sawalz01
Explorer C

We are trying  to fly to Miami Fl Jan 26 but of course have to drive to Denver Co as we live in South Dakota and the prices are outrages. We are trying to book tickets for 10 people but looking at Southwest right now the prices are way higher then I'm used to paying 😞 Thanks for the help!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Best time to purchase tickets

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@sawalz01

This might be some good news for you.

So being that you are needing to book for 10 people you can take advantage of Southwest Airlines group reservation. This usually offers a discount off of the wanna get away fares. The other bit of bad news if you didn't know unfortunately Southwest doesn't fly in to MIA airport but they do fly in to FLL if that would work for you. To reach Southwest group desk please call 800-433-5368 hours are Monday through Friday 5am-12am central 

I know that most sales happen on Tuesday's and Wednesday's like right now the $49 sale (select markets) is on you could always call group reservations for a quote and see if that helps with the price and if it's too high wait till you see the price drop online then call again for a quote since the price they will quote you will be based on current flight prices. 

Hope this helps!

Blake 

sawalz01
Explorer C

Great info! Yes we are willing to fly into Ft lauderdale. I will continue to watch prices. Seems like whenever we have flown Southwest the prices have been great. They still seem high right now but will keep watching! Thanks for the info have a great day!

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

In addition to the group fare I would say 5-9 weeks is when I have the best luck ! Unless it’s a holiday which it doesn’t look like it is . Good luck ! 🍀 

sawalz01
Explorer C

Thank you for the info. I will continue to watch the prices.