Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Book Today! Southwest Announces Holiday Schedules

Odellcompton52
Explorer C

Upset customer, I bought my daughter a trip, Her flight left out of Cleveland, the weather was bad that Friday, but I kept receiving flight delays. I dropped my daughter off and got her checked and seen her go through security. Yeah she is on her first trip by herself. I head back to canton with the flu remind you. My daughter calls to tell the flight is canceled. She will leave on the next flight at 6 in,the morning. I panic, my child is at the airport and I'm sick now what do I do. The time is even later. She told me the guy working was so rude, she asked is there any where we can go over night. His response was " no go home". This been my daughter first time flying by herself, She was nervous and lost. I told her to go back,to,the counter so that I could talk to this young man. My daughter had already left the counter and was to far. I did what a mother who was in a panic and sick could make this right. I called the closes hotel booked the room and send a shuttle to pick her up from the airport. The lady,at the hotel made it better, because she took,the time and helped. My daughter missed the big event on that Friday. I talked to her while she wanted and,I talked to her on her way to the hotel and when she checked in. Her flight left the next morning @6 . I'm upset for several reasons.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Book Today! Southwest Announces Holiday Schedules

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You didn't specify your daughter's age, but Southwest provides some tips for young travelers flying alone. Those tips include, "It is recommended that you (the parent) stay in the gate area until the YT’s flight is in the air." This is probably even more important in bad weather situations like you described. 

You can read more at:

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/family/young-travelers.html

Re: Book Today! Southwest Announces Holiday Schedules

Odellcompton52
Explorer C

My daughter is 24, and yea this is her first time flying by herself.