Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Can I combine my 3 travel funds from 1 confirmation so I can use it on 1 flight

VG726
Explorer C

Hi. Thanks for replying.

Same flight, lowered in price 6 times, same confirmation number. That's what I thought would happen, too, but online, on Twitter and on the phone with CS&S, they said each credit is independent. Online, all 8 credits showed up as single dollar amounts. That's what's making me jump through all of these hoops, which is insane!

All the credits are my son's. 🙂 I'm terrified of airplanes!!

JB Mosaic doesn't charge any fees for any thing travel bank related. My boss flies twice a week, so Mosaic status is elite and hard to compare to. I just think the idea of it is wonderfully executed. I monitor his flight prices and the funds are returned to his bank when they lower. If he needs to cancel a flight, no charge and no fee.  When I book his flights, I take them out of his bank in one transaction, no charges no fees. JB automatically deducts the first funds to expire, which obviously makes the most sense. I just think having credits in a bank makes it more fluid and easier than independent tickets, which seems messy. 

I love that Southwest allows this flexibility for those who don't have the elite status, it's a fantastic perk. I am just a fan of organization and it seems like it could be better organized and funneled into one channel. 

I am going to book three phantom flights for my son, to combine six funds, to then cancel two, to exchange the third, to then book the flight he needs. Seems rather silly that I have to do this, but I wanted to make sure it was possible before going further.

Re: Can I combine my 3 travel funds from 1 confirmation so I can use it on 1 flight

YoY2020rewind
Explorer C

This post is from 2019 does anyone know if the system still works this way?  I have multiple tickets expire in October 2020.  Due to Covid19 had to cancel several flights from April to June, now I have over $500 in travel credits. Many of them are small due to price drops like $16 or $8 with the same confirmation number.  So frustrating because you can only use two small balances at a time, since it’s not enough to cover the whole fare. I’m pretty savvy with using my SW credits, but booking ghost flights to combine credits is that right??  Thanks for any help you can provide!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@YoY2020rewind wrote:

This post is from 2019 does anyone know if the system still works this way?  I have multiple tickets expire in October 2020.  Due to Covid19 had to cancel several flights from April to June, now I have over $500 in travel credits. Many of them are small due to price drops like $16 or $8 with the same confirmation number.  So frustrating because you can only use two small balances at a time, since it’s not enough to cover the whole fare. I’m pretty savvy with using my SW credits, but booking ghost flights to combine credits is that right??  Thanks for any help you can provide!

Yes, that still works.

Hint: combine them and then cancel the flight before the end of May, and the resultant travel fund will have a 6/30/21 expiration date.