Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Carry on backpack searched twice

Tamkem0914
Explorer C

I would like to know why yesterday, after going through the security at the Puerto Vallarta airport did 2 TSA agents pull me out of the boarding line and search through my back pack and purse a 2nd time?  I had a laptop in my backpack which I had taken out to be scanned when I went through security.  The 2nd time they also wanted me to take my IPhone out of it's case and I told them I can't.  They looked through my purse but they never gave me a reason for this 2nd search. Did anyone else ever have this happen?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Carry on backpack searched twice

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Perhaps you should ask TSA? 

https://www.tsa.gov/contact/customer-service

--TheMiddleSeat

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I know that the US customs is present in some foreign airports, but is the TSA? Wouldn't security, in this case, be the responsibility of the Mexican government?

Tamkem0914
Explorer C

I'm not sure about that but it's a good question

Tamkem0914
Explorer C

I am waiting for Southwest to get back to me but I will also email the TSA.

thank you!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Southwest has no control or input into screening by TSA.  I'm not sure what you are expecting or waiting for them to get back to you with.  In short, TSA does what it feels like is necessary to keep the flying public safe.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Did you have the dreaded SSSS on your boarding pass? I know if that exists you get the extra special treatment (also known as extra screening) 

keep in mind they can search your bag as long or as many times as they want it’s in TSAs control 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

focus on your 10 day vacation and not these awkward 10 minutes