Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Complaint! Response times and flight credits

DeziDenise
Explorer C

Hello,

I filed a claim back in February 2023 after my estranged husband canceled my and my sons travel plans, stating I used his card without permission. The flights totaled $1121.52, I used $737.63 in flight credits, the balance was on the card . My ex reported the unauthorized use to hurt me and my son, this man has abused me and will find any way to destroy me.

To support my statements I submitted a claim #63810720 with a copy of my active restraining order along with other important details asking for my flight credits back. These flight credits date back to 2020. I have contacted your customer services department multiple times, via emails and phone they are unable to help or escalate stating there is no one else to speak to and the corporate office would get back to me.  Its now almost July and I still have no resolution. I would like my flight credits returned to me.

The lack of follow up is contributing to a disheartening customer experience, I have clearly provided documentation that I am a victim of domestic violence, your disregard to my claim is discriminatory, unjust and unfair! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Complaint! Response times and flight credits

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@DeziDenise wrote:

Hello,

I filed a claim back in February 2023 after my estranged husband canceled my and my sons travel plans, stating I used his card without permission. The flights totaled $1121.52, I used $737.63 in flight credits, the balance was on the card . My ex reported the unauthorized use to hurt me and my son, this man has abused me and will find any way to destroy me.

To support my statements I submitted a claim #63810720 with a copy of my active restraining order along with other important details asking for my flight credits back. These flight credits date back to 2020. I have contacted your customer services department multiple times, via emails and phone they are unable to help or escalate stating there is no one else to speak to and the corporate office would get back to me.  Its now almost July and I still have no resolution. I would like my flight credits returned to me.

The lack of follow up is contributing to a disheartening customer experience, I have clearly provided documentation that I am a victim of domestic violence, your disregard to my claim is discriminatory, unjust and unfair! 

This sounds like writing a letter would be the best method of contacting the airline, use that method in the Contact Southwest Customer Service section.

This board is customer to customer so you'd be best on this issue to reach out to Southwest directly again. Showing that the flight credits were separate from the credit card purchase may help, hopefully you can include that documentation with your letter.

Good luck!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.