Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does anyone feel like Southwest Customer Service is lacking?

jmdemarais
Explorer C

I was told in a conversation with a Southwest CS representative that they would provide me satisfaction to a problem I was having with the airline in the form of a travel voucher.  When it didn't arrive in my email, I emailed CS to find out when I would recieve it and also followed up  with a phone call.  (the voucher that was offered was not their formal policy).  When I called another CS rep. told me that the voucher should arrive w/in 24 - 48 hours and that she saw the notation in my Rapid Rewards account.  72 hours later I still havent seen the voucher but I did get an email asking me to call CS yet again.  I did...and this CS rep. said there was nothing notated in my RR account other than the email, and she kept repeating the standard 'formal' policy.  It feels very strange to me that the offer which is not extravagant in any way is missing.....I feel as though they are not being honorable....has anyone had this type of dealing with this airline?  I also wondered if the DOT or Better Business Bureau should be made aware of this type of activity?  Any insight is welcome.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Does anyone feel like Southwest Customer Service is lacking?

brh120
Explorer C

Yes, lately things have gotten significantly worse.  After being on the phone with southwest CS today I was told " well, we're a business and there isn't anything I can do".

I'll start searching other airlines from now on.  I used to be exclusive to swa because they were the best.  Now I feel like they are just like all the others.

jmdemarais
Explorer C

Thanks for that validation.....it is amazing to me because according to their customer service who have been very nice and helpful the Headquarters Customer Relations are supposed to be the place to go with a complaint.  It still seems very strange that they can't locate the phone call I have proof of it on my phone.  I am still hopeful I will hear from a supervisor and they will make this right.  I will be sure to post if I get any resolution.  

jmdemarais
Explorer C

I am with you....Southwest will never be my go to airline.  They come across as very user friendly but the way they handle their travel funds policy is not user friendly and I think the end game is for them not to have to honor these funds.  In any event I did not get satisfaction and they did not stand behind the offer that their HQ customer relations employee offered.  Which is very bad because this is their executive appeals process.....

Had they not made the offer I would not have pressed the issue....it was as much principle as it was the money.  So basically they have lost a loyal customer over soft dollars in the amount of $96.00.  Seems short sighted.....but after escalation and time spent I lost interest in them and their disceptive business practices.....JET BLUE.....OH YEAH!