Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight booked with travel funds

Momom
Explorer C

If I book a flight with my travel funds will I be able to cancel the newly booked flight if necessary? I had to cancel a flight a week ago and would like to reschedule it soon to avoid paying more for the tickets but am worried about not having the option to cancel or change this new flight if I am not able to go. 

I really need to go on this flight the week I am looking at booking but am unsure of when I would need to return home so there's a possibility I would need to at the very least make changes to this flight. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flight booked with travel funds

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Yes you can.  The expiration of any ticket that you have used travel funds for the purchase will need to be used one year from your original purchase date.

Re: Flight booked with travel funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Sure thing -- you can cancel and rebook as often as necessary. The very major point to keep in mind is that when you rebook, the new ticket -- along with any/all new funds added -- take on the expiration date of the oldest funds used. Be extra careful when commingling old and new funds, and be very aware of the expiration date.