Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hurricane Nate: Will My Flight from Orlando to Las Vegas Be Cancelled or Rerouted?

DavidJunior
Explorer C

I am currently scheduled to fly from Orlando to Las Vegas on Sunday, October 8, on a 6:45AM non-stop flight. However, hurricane Nate is heading for the USA coastline and could hit land anywhere from Florida to Lousianna. Will my flight be cancelled or rerouted? How soon can I find out if my flight will be affected? What normally occurs in a case like this? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Hurricane Nate: Will My Flight from Orlando to Las Vegas Be Cancelled or Rerouted?

franktravel
Aviator B

From Southwest home page:   

Tropical Storm Nate:  

Based on the forecasted weather conditions, our scheduled service to the following cities may be disrupted (flights may be delayed, diverted, and/or cancelled) on the dates listed below:

Cancun, Mexico (CUN) - Thursday-Saturday, October 5-7
Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) - Thursday-Friday, October 5-6
New Orleans (MSY) - Friday-Monday, October 6-9
Pensacola (PNS) - Friday-Monday, October 6-9
San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) - Thursday-Friday, October 5-6

Customers who are holding reservations to/from/through CUN, LIR, MSY, PNS, or SJO on the dates listed above, and want to alter their travel plans, may rebook in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the original city-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) without paying any additional charge.

Customers who purchased their itinerary via Southwest.com or our mobile app are eligible to reschedule their travel plans online or from their mobile device.

Customers who did not purchase a ticket via Southwest.com can call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Representative.

Customers in the U.S. scheduled to travel internationally must call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Representative for assistance with rebooking.

If you are calling Southwest Airlines from one of our international cities, please reach us at:

Aruba: 011-297-588-2900