Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I want to know how much cost carry on boxes

Pauly1969
Explorer C

I have 9 items 2 baggage and 2 boxes under size and under weight 50p it's that free and I have 7 boxes under weight 50p to 90p and under 80inches I taking a one way trip I came across some thing paper that says weight size and allowance it say if it's not over weight 51 to 100 pound and under 80 inches cost $75.00 per item only on a one way flight i just need to know that's is true

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I want to know how much cost carry on boxes

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

This is SWA baggage Policy:

Each Customer is allowed two free checked bags.

Sizing for your checked bags:

• Up to 50 pounds each
  • 62 inches in size (length + width + height)
  • Three+ Bags: $125 per bag (within weight and size limits)
  • Oversize Bag: $125 per bag (62 inches to 80 inches max)
  • Overweight Bag:
    • $100 per bag (51 - 70 lbs.)

OR

• $125 per bag (71 - 100 lbs.)
    • Only one $125 charge applies if the piece is both oversized and overweight, regardless of the weight as long as it does not exceed 100 lbs.

Also note that excess baggage which is also overweight or oversized will be charged excess baggage plus the applicable oversize or overweight charge.  This is where it gets expensive.

In total, a Customer is limited to check 20 pieces of checked baggage per flight. This limitation includes Carrier’s Free Checked Baggage Allowance and excess baggage would be subject to applicable excess baggage charges.

Have you considered ground freight?  It may be less expensive...

Safe Travels!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@tappingmom1 wrote:

This is SWA baggage Policy:

In total, a Customer is limited to check 20 pieces of checked baggage per flight.

Whoa! 😳

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Pauly1969 wrote:

I have 9 items 2 baggage and 2 boxes under size and under weight 50p it's that free and I have 7 boxes under weight 50p to 90p and under 80inches I taking a one way trip I came across some thing paper that says weight size and allowance it say if it's not over weight 51 to 100 pound and under 80 inches cost $75.00 per item only on a one way flight i just need to know that's is true

As noted below $75 may be out of date. I'm not quite tracking the 9 items but then it says 2 baggage and 2 boxes and then 7 boxes so that's 11 pieces - do you mean 2 traditional luggage items that are "included" as your two free items, and then nine additional items of which two are at the $100 rate as additional complying items and 7 are at the overweight/size category $125...

So I think approximately $1,075 but I'm not confident with the sizes/weights and quantity so please re-review but hopefully this is enough to get you started. (And most likely considering using shipping services, or even Southwest Cargo.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.