Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Itinerary change Applies to ALL Passengers?

Cheezy21
Explorer C

Is there any way to make a modification to just 2 of the 3 passengers booked under one confirmation?! On the website, it says that "changes will be applied to all passengers" and there is no way of "de-selecting" the one I do not want changed. The other 2 are coming home a day earlier.

Help! Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Itinerary change Applies to ALL Passengers?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If pricing has not changed, cancel everyone's travel and use the travel funds to rebook two people on one reservation and one separately OR if pricing on the existing itinerary that you want the one person to keep has gone up you can call and request the changes be made for the two people, leaving the one person as currently booked. 

For this reason, I typically make all bookings for one person and one way (except when making Companion Pass bookings). Makes it much easier to make changes. Just a tip for the future. 

Cheezy21
Explorer C

Unfortunately, price has changed -- it's insane that you cannot just change for one party! 

With that said, I do appreciate the tip - I will never book together again!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Call Southwest. They can split the individual passengers into their own reservations/confirmation numbers. Then you can make whatever change you need.