Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multiple Snowboard Bags

bdmoore43
Explorer C

I will be travelling with two snowboard bags--will they both be covered under the free checked-baggage allowance per passenger?  I was slightly uncertain by the policy wording if only one snowboard bag is allowed per passenger.

"Snow ski equipment, including skis or snowboards, ski boots, and ski poles: including one pair of skis or one snowboard, one set of poles, and one pair of ski/snowboard boots encased in a container(s) acceptable to Carrier. When substituting ski equipment for a free bag, Southwest Airlines allows up to two bags (containing one set of snow skis, ski poles, and ski boots) to count as one item, even if they are packed and tagged separately."

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple Snowboard Bags

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

My interpretation is: You can check two snowboard bags if they each have only one snowboard, and that would be your two free bags. 

Sidenote, I also interpret it to say that you could have one bag with a snowboard AND one bag with your boots and those two bags would only count as one of your free checked bags. 

cmcclain
Explorer C

Hey there, 

just wondering if you ever tried this. Traveling with two snowboards bags next month and wondering if I’ll run into a problem. 

Thanks! 

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@cmcclain wrote:

Hey there, 

just wondering if you ever tried this. Traveling with two snowboards bags next month and wondering if I’ll run into a problem. 

Thanks! 

You won't run into any problems. Southwest lets you have two free bags, and that's what you'll have. Just make sure neithter of the bags weighs more than 50 pounds as bags over that limit do incur a charge.