Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Not sure if I purchased tickets properly?

limmilim
Explorer C

Hi everyone,

I'm from Australia, and recently attempted to purchase 2 tickets from LAX to SFO.
I made a payment attempt using Paypal, (which I can see a pending payment) however upon re-routing back to the Southwest airlines website i received an error message.

Southwest Airlines - General Error 

We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

I am wondering a few things? 
1. Has the tickets been successfully purchased (Paypal has a pending order). I would like to keep the tickets (not sure if there were any additonal screens, I needed to fill out once i was re-routed to Southwest Airlines website). Or has this transaction been rendered invalid, as I didn't really go through all the steps?

2. If not, how is the best way to successfully resolve this issue? Best email address/contact details for an Australian based customer.

Best Regards,
Michael

1 REPLY 1

Re: Not sure if I purchased tickets properly?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi Michael,

It sounds like your transaction wasn't completed - my best suggestion is to reach out to the 1-800-I-FLY-SWA number and have one of our Customer Support and Services folks help you out. We know there have been some reports of Customers outside the United States having difficulty making a reservation on Southwest.com, and we're working to resolve that as soon as possible.