Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Passport and Important Documents left on plane

meban
Explorer C

I left my blue file folder inside the aircraft and it has all my important documents including my passport, visa, EAD card, and SSN. The aircraft was a flight# 3234 travelling from IAH to MSY, 10:05A.M - 11:25A.M. on 1st August. 

The item was a large blue file folder and had a label "MEBAN" on it.  And I've already reported on the lost and found recovery site and put all the details. The Item number is 1934902.

I've contacted Southwest Airlines but they said when my item will be found in the Lost and Found Department then and only then will they contact me. I've also tried contacting the airport these few days but I've reached a dead end.

**I hope that Southwest Lost and Found Department sees this and will make every effort to locate my blue file folder containing my important documents. I understand airline procedures take time, but these documents are critical for my legal status, employment, and identity. I kindly request Southwest prioritize searching for item #1934902 reported missing on August 1st on flight 3234 from IAH to MSY. Please contact me immediately at 281-236-1770 if found so I can urgently retrieve my folder. I appreciate Southwest's assistance during this stressful situation as I anxiously await news my folder has been recovered.**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Passport and Important Documents left on plane

dfwskier
Aviator A

You do realize that if 1 in 1000 passengers lose something and then file a report  that Southwest has to search for over 100,000+ items in a year? Most feel it is critical to get the items back.

There isn't the manpower to try to give personal service to every one of those 100,000+ people. You filed a lost item report and you just need to let the process play out.

Re: Passport and Important Documents left on plane

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

You can try sharing your report ID via social media and they can push it on their angle too. But as mentioned, unfortunately, there are a lot of items.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger