Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Request refund for credit balance

Gomez71
Explorer C

I changed my flight and I would like a refund for my credit balance.  Can you help?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Request refund for credit balance

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Unless you purchased a refundable fare (Anytime, Business Select, Senior, Child/Infant) you can't get a refund. But you do already have Travel Funds for the difference. They are held under the confirmation number for the flight you changed. There is a place for you to apply those funds when purchasing a new flight.

Be aware that the funds are only valid for 1 year from the original date of purchase (not travel date), and that all travel using those funds must be completed by then (not just booked). Also -- very important -- any new travel using those funds will take on the earliest expiration date of any funds applied.

Deshabillage
Explorer C

I want to use my remaining balance for a rental car for my trip but I don’t see how I can? I booked a flight today with part of my credit. Any help or way I can transfer this somehow?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Deshabillage wrote:

I want to use my remaining balance for a rental car for my trip but I don’t see how I can? I booked a flight today with part of my credit. Any help or way I can transfer this somehow?

Travel funds can only be used towards air travel.