Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ridiculous Delay for flight.

Kesque811
Explorer C

I had a flight from Baltimore to Oakland. This flight was supposed to board at 5:04 and depart at 5:35. We waited until 6 just to get on the plane where we proceeded to wait another hour, due to “imbalanced luggage”. So in other words the workers packed it wrong and it resulted in a massive delay. We are finally departing now at 7:15. Completely unacceptable people should know how to do their job. Period. These people should have corrective action/write ups issued.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ridiculous Delay for flight.

dfwskier
Aviator A

You sholuld be glad the crew fixed the "imbalanced" luggage problem. "Imbalanced" luggage can cause a plane to crash.

floridaguy
Aviator C

Some people would complain about a sunny day in Florida.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Kesque811 wrote:

I had a flight from Baltimore to Oakland. This flight was supposed to board at 5:04 and depart at 5:35. We waited until 6 just to get on the plane where we proceeded to wait another hour, due to “imbalanced luggage”. So in other words the workers packed it wrong and it resulted in a massive delay. We are finally departing now at 7:15. Completely unacceptable people should know how to do their job. Period. These people should have corrective action/write ups issued.

Hello-

I would forward your inquiry to Southwest Customer Service directly as this a customer-to-customer forum.

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/

It appears that you are currently traveling this morning by the looks of your post. You can also speak to any available Southwest Gate CSA at OAK should you get this reply upon arriving at OAK before going to Ground Transportation. I would relay any facts related to your delay to the CSA and whether it resulted in any missed connections or appointments, or has led to any other hardships. Try not to let emotion drive the inquiry; I would stick with the facts.

Southwest baggage handlers are usually very good of properly balancing the weight of the luggage compartment area of the plane and I assume they have standard protocol to follow when packing this area to ensure even weight distribution which is required for the safety of the flight. Southwest is also usually good at addressing imbalances quickly but by the looks of your post, it appears that there was an exception somewhere that resulted in an additional tarmac delay of about 45 minutes in addition to the initial 56 minute delay and the regular 30 minutes needed to get everybody boarded.

Not sure if your overall situation would qualify for a LUV Voucher as your total delay was in excess of 90 minutes but it would be worth checking when you inquire. Hope this helps.