Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SJU Experience

Estebanjr61
Explorer C

On March 21, 2024 I was traveling from SJU to Philadelphia with my grandson for a surgery on his hips and knees at Shriner's Hospital. Upon arrived at the Southwest counter the Employee Manuel Maldonado jump and without questions he started to assist us with our bags and the rest of our luggage. Mr. Maldonado not only assist us with our bags but he also assist with the wheel chair, he provide the boarding pass with a pre-board to make sure our grandson will be one's of the first inside the plane and the wheel chair was manage by the ground personnel, he also instruct his fellow partner who was the one to work the flight to assist us on the particular needs we had. I can say that all instructions given by Mr. Maldonado they all were follow to the dot and the experience was a smooth one. Mr. Maldonado did not know anything about the surgery or the reasons of our flight but his sense of helping others became an experience not to forgot. Mr. Maldonado is a True Employee who value his customers, is focus in Customer Service and employees like Mr. Maldonado carry the Southwest Core Values to the Top. Thanks Mr. Maldonado for the experience and the well care in all details to ensure everything was cover as it was with no missing details until we complete our trip to Philadelphia. A JOB WELL DONE.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SJU Experience

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sounds like Mr. Maldonado is a fine employee. I'm glad he was of assistance to you. Thanks for sharing your experience.

You might want to pass your compliment on to the airline. To do so, click on"contact us" below and proceed.

Re: SJU Experience

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Estebanjr61 wrote:

On March 21, 2024 I was traveling from SJU to Philadelphia with my grandson for a surgery on his hips and knees at Shriner's Hospital. Upon arrived at the Southwest counter the Employee Manuel Maldonado jump and without questions he started to assist us with our bags and the rest of our luggage. Mr. Maldonado not only assist us with our bags but he also assist with the wheel chair, he provide the boarding pass with a pre-board to make sure our grandson will be one's of the first inside the plane and the wheel chair was manage by the ground personnel, he also instruct his fellow partner who was the one to work the flight to assist us on the particular needs we had. I can say that all instructions given by Mr. Maldonado they all were follow to the dot and the experience was a smooth one. Mr. Maldonado did not know anything about the surgery or the reasons of our flight but his sense of helping others became an experience not to forgot. Mr. Maldonado is a True Employee who value his customers, is focus in Customer Service and employees like Mr. Maldonado carry the Southwest Core Values to the Top. Thanks Mr. Maldonado for the experience and the well care in all details to ensure everything was cover as it was with no missing details until we complete our trip to Philadelphia. A JOB WELL DONE.

Great to hear travel stories like these on this board! LUV it!

As @dfwskier suggested, forward a copy of your compliment directly to SW customer service so that it can be processed and Manuel can receive is due praise. 

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Click on "Compliment", "Customer Service"

Prayers for your grandson!