Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest cancel my non refundable flight

Gmacomber
Explorer C

It appears Southwest will not be flying to Nassau from March 22 resuming normal operations on Monday, May 4...I have non refundable tickets leaving NY on 4/12 and returning from Nassau on 4/19.   Will my “non refundable” tickets be refunded as Southwest has cancelled the flights, thus cancelling our contract.   If not, why not? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Southwest cancel my non refundable flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

Was this part of a group or was it an individual ticket? 

If individual, whenever Southwest cancels a flight and/or rebooks you on a flight different than the one you booked, you can get a refund. Just contact the airline and tell it that you want a refund.

If part of a group, I am not conversant about what happens.

Gmacomber
Explorer C

I was traveling with my family, 6 of us in total.  We hadn’t cancelled and saw today that Southwest cancelled flights to and from Nassau that included our travel date.  My thought is SouthWest cancelled the contract and should refund our non-refundable tickets.  I’m just looking to see if anyone here has had this same issue and what was the outcome.  I know if I cancelled I would be subject to the rules but not sure what the airline has to abide by.  

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

It appears that you were not part of group travel (requires 10 or more)

So I'll say again what I said earlier, if SW cancels your flight you can tell the airline that you want a refund.

I can't be any clearer than that.

Gmacomber
Explorer C

I appreciate your help...many thanks ~

bec102896
Aviator A

If the airline cancelled your flight I would reach out to Southwest on Twitter or Facebook to inquire about a refund. 

Gmacomber
Explorer C

Thank you....I appreciate you taking the time to answer .  

dfwskier
Aviator A

You are welcome