Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Teenager TSA Pre-Check

Passenger1C
Aviator C

My 14 year old booked on the same reservation as me automatically qualified for pre-check. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Passenger1C wrote:

My 14 year old booked on the same reservation as me automatically qualified for pre-check. 

On Southwest though, or one of your trips on the other guys?

That would be nice if it does actually work even though the staff weren't sure about it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Good point @DancingDavidE  To be honest, AA and DL were flown. I would think this would be consistent with all domestic airline flights since I received notification from TSA regarding this change and did not mention it was specific to a certain carrier? 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

jmick96
Explorer C

Just had this same issue ! My 12 year old turned 13 this month… went to get TSA precheck for him and they told me new rule and he doesn’t need it 🙄… well, that’s not true … when they asked his age and he said 13 …it was an issue …    So, on return flight I just had him say 12 and we went right through …

I know in the past on other airlines the indicators is automatically on the minors ticket that is attached to the reservation…  come on Southwest ! This shouldn’t be too hard with having to put their name and birthday in the system and they are on the same confirmation number…   Now Im mad that I didn’t tough out the TSA precheck line to just get him how own number !

jw498
Explorer C

That’s terrible.   He’s small for his age so I he can say he’s 12 for the next year or so.   I was afraid that would happen so that’s why I was just gonna eat it and get him his Ken tsa pre number.  

i already used my credit card to get numbers for others in the family.   Global entry would be nice but we have to travel two hours away to get it and if so , he’d be the only one with it.   We are going international soon but it’s not enough time to get for all five of us.