Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Twist on travel funds

Audreyperry
Explorer C

Question: I had booked travel and had to cancel the ticket-rebooked travel using the travel funds from original cancelled ticket...may need to cancel ticket again because of health reasons; will I still have those funds available for usage and from which ticket (the original or the rebooked)? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Twist on travel funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

The funds will be held under the rebooked itinerary confirmation number. Be aware that the expiration date for these funds -- as well as any flights you apply them to in the future -- is the oldest expiration date, the one from the original flight (one year from the date you purchased the original, oldest flight).

Re: Twist on travel funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Funds will be available for one year from the date of the original booking. Travel must be completed by that date and can only be used by the passenger from the original booking. If I remember correctly, funds will be associated with the most recently cancelled booking confirmation number. To verify, when you cancel the reservation you'll get an email confirmation and it will say how much credit is associated with the reservation confirmation number.