Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What document's need to carry for travelling with southwest ?

shanewant10
Explorer C

Can I show verification document (driver's license or passport) to a SWA attendant when I'm traveling to Denver on another airline so that I may board online when returning  on SWA flight a week later?  The by-mail verification process seems slow and cumbersome.  I wish to check in early and get an early boarding status. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What document's need to carry for travelling with southwest ?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@shanewant10 wrote:

Can I show verification document (driver's license or passport) to a SWA attendant when I'm traveling to Denver on another airline so that I may board online when returning  on SWA flight a week later?  The by-mail verification process seems slow and cumbersome.  I wish to check in early and get an early boarding status. 

Not a flight attendant but maybe someone at one of the gate counters can help you with this, or when you depart the airport stop at the ticket counters.

Personally I'd try to do it while inside security if you have time to take the plane train to  Concourse C and try customer service there. Then if nothing is working, stop by the ticket counter on the way out of the airport.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: What document's need to carry for travelling with southwest ?

bilalyounas11
Explorer C

You could seek assistance from someone at the gate counters or visit the ticket counters before departing the airport. If time allows, try customer service at Concourse C while inside security. If that doesn't work, you can stop by the ticket counter on your way out. This approach may help resolve any issues you're experiencing.